Thursday, August 4, 2011

Brazilian Embroidery

Here it is! My first attempt at Brazilian Embroidery!



I left it in the hoop to take the pictures. And no, I haven't washed it, as you can see by the little blue pattern lines. I sort of have a problem with the thought of washing it even though it says you can. So I thought I'd better get some pictures before, just in case it gets ruined!



So what do I think about this technique? Well, I don't think it will become my "favorite", that's for sure. It's interesting and it goes pretty fast. I learned alot with this little kit. But.....the thread. It's so slippery and unravels so easily. It's not the easiest stuff to work with and I sort of like concentrating on the stitching, not the thread.



I have to say that I was very psyched about the fact that all the stitches used in this kit I had already done while doing Sharon B's TAST. It was really cool actually using what I learned!

I'm on to the crewel kit. In the stumpwork kit instructions, it said that you used crewel so I figured I'd better do that one first! Yes...I'm having lots and lots of fun!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks like rayon thread. Like the stitching but know what you mean about the fraying etc. of that kind of thread. Hope it holds up to the washing ( I bet it will). And how great is it that all the stitches were ones from TAST!! Great job Wanda!

Deepa said...

Beautiful!! Doesn't look like a first attempt at all :)Z twist threads are a bit tiresome to work with,but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it!!
Hugs from India,
Deepa

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty. I like the other comments - they seem very helpful. Keep at it! Mom

SONYASPHERE said...

Very impressive! I have no idea how you do it but it does resemble my string (as in THE string) so I'm sure I could figure it out!!! lol

essay topics said...

very beautiful!

Elizabeth Braun said...

Well done! I too am beginning to work this kit, although my roses are a fair bit 'fatter' than yours so far. I wonder how it will turn out....