Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hardanger Creamer and Sugar Mat

I really liked this little hardanger kit! Even though I have been doing some hardanger work, I picked up quite alot and got to practice the technique.


The instructions were very easy to follow.


And as per the instructions, I went around the whole piece with small, close stitches on my sewing machine. This is to help the piece from becoming unraveled around the edges.


The kit is available from Nordic Needle and I do recommend this particular kit, hardanger and Nordic Needle!

I'm on my next piece...a blackwork piece that isn't black. I will, of course, be adding lots of little beads!

3 comments:

Susan Lenz said...

Awesome! Especially the idea of machine stitching the edges so that the stitching doesn't unravel. So ... are you using this piece? I didn't know you took cream or sugar in your coffee. Does Reinhard?

Susan Lenz said...

PS Thanks so much for the comments on my blogs! It truly means the world to me because the #1 reason I blog is for my family and me!
Susan

Linda of the Lake said...

Could this be my favorite? If not it is way up there!